This Week In Tournament Poker -- Apr. 16th - 23rd
The Week's Biggest Tournaments Broken Down By Region
In this Card Player weekly feature we look to provide our readers with a guide to some of the biggest poker events taking place in their area for the upcoming week. Check out all the tournament action set to go down in your own backyard from April 16th through the 23rd. Head to our Tournament Database for more information.
- The 2012 Spring Big Bounty Festival (Apr 12, ‘12 – Apr 22, ’12) The Venetian’s 20-event series continues into its second week, with this weeks offerings including a two Player of the Year qualified $500 buy-in no-limit hold’em events beginning on the 19th and 21st, and the $2,200 no-limit hold’em main event, which starts on the 20th and continues until a champion is crowned on the 22nd.
- The 2012 Grand Challenge Tournament Series (Apr 19, ‘12 – May 06, ’12) The MGM Grand gets its 30-event series underway on the 19th, with the first week’s highlights including a $230 Omaha eight-or-better event that begins on the 21st and a $340 no-limit hold’em bounty event that starts on the 22nd.
- The 2012 National Championship of Poker (Apr 04, ‘12 – May 01, ’12) The Hollywood Park Casino in Inglewood, CA is entering the third week of its srping tournament series, with this week’s big attraction being the continuation of its $120 no-limit hold’em re-buy event with a $400,000 prize pool and $100,000 first place guarantees, which will run ten days, with the first of nine starting days beginning on the 13th.
- The 2012 Liz Flynt Spring Poker Classic (Apr 05, ‘12 – Apr 26, ’12) The Hustler Casino’s 14-event series has only three events left to go, including a $225 deepstack no-limit hold’em event that begins on the 18th and a six-day $275 no-limit hold’em re-entry event that has the first of its five starting days kicking off on the 22nd and a winner being crowned on the 27th.
- The 2012 Spring Fling (Apr 21, ‘12) The Ocean’s Eleven Casino in Oceanside, CA is hosting a $330 no-limit holdem event on the 21st with a $40,000 estimated prize pool.
- The 2012 WPT Seminole Hard Rock Poker Showdown (Mar 28, ‘12 – Apr 22, ’12) The massive 57-event at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Hollywood, FL has been running for almost a month now, and even though the event is drawing to a close, things are still heating up. This week’s highlights include the $10,000 World Poker Tour main event that begins on the 18th and continues until a champion is crowned on the 23rd, and a $5,000 no-limit hold’em event that begins on the 20th.
- The 2012 WSOP Circuit Harrah’s St. Louis (Apr 12, ‘12 – Apr 23, ’12) The World Series of Poker Circuit Harrah’s St Louis continues into its second and final week, with highlights including the $1,090 no-limit hold’em event on the 20th and the $1,600 no-limit hold’em main event that begins on the 21st.
- The 2012 Chad Brown Poker Challenge (Apr 19, ‘12 – Apr 29, ’12) The Choctaw Casino Resort in Durant is hosting yet another great tournament series, with 32 events scheduled over the coming weeks. Highlights from the first week include two $300 no-limit hold’em events that begin on the 20th and 21st, as well as a $200 pot-limit Omaha event that starts on the 19th.
- The 2012 Parx Spring Showdown (Apr 20, ‘12 – May 02, ’12) Parx Casino in Bensalem, PA is kicking off its 20-event series later this week, with the the early highlight being a $340 no-limit hold’em re-entry event that begins on the 23rd and crowns a champion the following day.
- The 2012 Borgata Spring Poker Open (Apr 04, ‘12 – Apr 20, ’12) The 21-event Borgata Spring Poker Open is coming to a close this week, but you still have one the chance to enter the final starting day today, April 16th, in the $2,700 no-limit hold’em main event that began on the 15th and will continue until a champion is determined on the 19th.
- The 2012 Spring Poker Round-Up (Apr 12, ‘12 – Apr 22, ’12) The Wildhorse Resort and Casino in Pendleton, OR is entering the second week of its 15-event spring series, with this week’s highlights including a $215 ladies no-limit hold’em event that starts on the 16th, a $215 no-limit hold’em seniors event that begins on the 17th and a $520 no-limit hold’em event that begins on the 21st and plays down to a champion on the following day.